American Stage in the Park: MAMMA MIA
Please note, this event has expired.
The magic of American Stage in the Park and the timeless pop-hit songs of ABBA come together in this upbeat musical set on a tropical Greek Island paradise.
Music and Lyrics by Björn Ulvaeus & Benny Andersson Book by Catherine Johnson
American Stage in the Park presented by Bank of America
April 10 – May 12, 2019
Directed by Stephanie Gularte
Performed at Demens Landing Park
1st Ave SE at Bayshore Dr St. Petersburg, FL
The magic of American Stage in the Park and the timeless pop-hit songs of ABBA come together in this upbeat musical set on a tropical Greek Island paradise. On the eve of her wedding, a daughter’s quest to discover the identity of her father brings three men from her mother’s past back to the island they last visited 20 years ago. This enchanting tale of love, laughter, family and friendship features a large cast, non-stop laughs and explosive dance numbers for an unforgettable night under the stars! “The sunniest of all musicals…it provides new pleasures every time” – Sunday Express
ABOUT AMERICAN STAGE IN THE PARK American Stage in the Park has been a celebrated Tampa Bay tradition for over thirty-years. Established in 1986, American Stage in the Park was first known for producing Shakespeare to audiences in and around Tampa Bay. American Stage in the Park expanded to include comedies and modern musicals presented under the stars each spring at Demens Landing Park in St. Pete.
PLEASE NOTE: No alcohol or pets are allowed into the park, by City Ordinance. Food and beverages (both alcoholic and non) are available at concessions.
TICKETS START AT $20
Lawn and Reserved seating available.
GENERAL Lawn Admission *bring your own chair or blanket (ADVANCE):
Wed, Thurs, Sun – $20
Fri & Sat – $25
GENERAL Lawn Admission *bring your own chair or blanket (AT THE GATE):
Wed, Thurs, Sun – $30
Fri & Sat – $35
PREMIUM Blanket Seating *bring your own blanket :
Wed, Thurs, Sun – $35
Fri & Sat – $40
RESERVED Chair Seating:
Wed, Thurs, Sun – $45
Fri & Sat – $50
Children 6 and under are free. Prices are subject subject to change without notice.
- Ask about our Next Generation Iinitiative. Visit americanstage.org/fwd for details.
- UNDER 30 PASS: Our ‘Netflix-style’ subscription, offering ‘unlimited theatre’ to young people under the age of 30 for only $15 per month.
- UNDER 20 PASSPORT: A bold experiment, providing FREE tickets to young people under the age of 20 (suggested 12-19) to American Stage’s mainstage season. Not valid for American Stage in the Park.
- Special Nights
- April 10 & 11 General Admission 8pm: “Pay What You Can” / $20 in Advance (Recommended)
- Opening Night Gala Under the Stars April 12. Proceeds from this extraordinary evening support the artistic & educational programming at American Stage Theatre. Tickets are $200 each and include dinner, open bar beer and wine and the opening night performance of MAMMA MIA. You may also sponsor a table for 10 persons for $2200.
- Pets in the Park Night Sunday, April 21
- Pride Plus Night Sunday, April 28
163 3rd Street North, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Parking in the Neighborhood
Sundial/MidCore Parking Garage: Entrance located at 117 2nd St North, 2 blocks from the theatre. Cost of Parking is $1.00 for up to four hours Monday—Friday after 5:00pm and all day weekends.
2nd Avenue N. Public Parking Lot: Gravel lot located at 231 2nd Ave North, across the street from the theatre. Cost of Parking ranges from $4-$14 for unlimited hours.
Arts & Crafts Museum/Synovus Bank Parking Garage: Entrance located at 334 3rd St North, 2 blocks from the theatre. Cost of Parking is $1.00 per hour.
Street parking: Available along 1st and 2nd Avenues North and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Streets North. Metered hours vary.
Handicapped Parking: Available on 2nd Avenue North across the street from the theatre.
Drop-Off/Loading Parking: 15-minute parking available on 3rd Street directly in front of theatre.
For more downtown St. Pete parking visit DiscoverDowntown.