Griff Davis and Langston Hughes, Letters and Photographs 1947-1967: A Global Friendship
This exhibition, produced by Dorothy Davis of Griffith J. Davis Photographs and Archives and curated by FMoPA, brings to the public a selection from the archives of 62 never-before-seen photographs of Langston Hughes.
The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts will exhibit Griff Davis and Langston Hughes, Letters and Photographs 1947 – 1967: A Global Friendship, from January 17 – April 19, 2020. This exhibition material reflects the decades-long friendship between the photographer, journalist and Senior Foreign Service Officer Griffith J. Davis and the renowned poet Langston Hughes. The extraordinary photographs are complemented by an exchange of letters reflecting decades of personal correspondence between Mr. Hughes and Mr. Davis.
Students, Seniors, Military: 8$
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Apr 10, 2020 at 11:00 am (Fri)
- Apr 11, 2020 at 11:00 am (Sat)
- Apr 12, 2020 at 11:00 am (Sun)
- Apr 13, 2020 at 11:00 am (Mon)
- Apr 14, 2020 at 11:00 am (Tue)
- Apr 15, 2020 at 11:00 am (Wed)
- Apr 16, 2020 at 11:00 am (Thu)
- Apr 17, 2020 at 11:00 am (Fri)
- Apr 18, 2020 at 11:00 am (Sat)
- Apr 19, 2020 at 11:00 am (Sun)
400 N. Ashley Drive, Cube 200, Tampa, FL 33602
Parking garage located underneath the building. Nearby metered street parking also available.