Please Note: This event has expired.
"IN THE DIP" Eating & Drinking Festival on The Deuces
“IN THE DIP” Eating & Drinking Festival on The Deuces (22nd Street South – known as “The Deuces” and 6th Avenue) across from the Historic Manhattan Casino.
Link to Facebook event – https://www.facebook.com/events/1633886873566851/
The FREE “IN THE DIP” Eating & Drinking Festival is the biggest event of LOCALICIOUS Eat LOCAL Drink LOCAL Week and it’s taking place on National Food Day! We’ve called it “IN THE DIP” as where it’s being held is the field that the City of St. Pete used to refer to as “The Dip” (across from the Manhattan Casino). We’ve been granted special permission to use the land for this one-off event as this area will soon become the St. Petersburg Commerce Park.
You do NOT want to miss this 1-day pop-up event featuring:
• Artisanal food & drink vendors + food trucks
• Local craft beer from St. Pete’s breweries (including a couple which have yet to open) – tap line-up announced nearer the date
• Local music/entertainment – line-up to be announced nearer the date
• FREE educational workshops on sustainable eating & drinking (backyard gardening | backyard chickens & bee-keeping | canning | kombucha | home-brewing) – schedule to be published nearer the date
In addition to what’s going on at the festival site, attendees will also be able to enjoy:
• Screenings of the film “Fresh” at the Royal Theater
• Tour of the African American Heritage Trail led by Saint Petersburg Preservation
• Open house at the Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum – visit the museum and its beautiful garden!
Enjoy a Soul Food Luncheon in the museum’s Legacy Garden provided by Heavy’s Family Catering starting at 11:00 am with the soulful sounds of some of St. Petersburg’s best musical artists.
Don’t miss this special day in St. Pete! Experience the renaissance that’s taking place along The Deuces!
22nd Street South and 6th Avenue South, Saint Petersburg, FL 33712