LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT
BATTLE. OUT LOUD.
LONG DAY’S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT
By Eugene O’Neill
May 29 – June 30, 2019
Directed by Brendon Fox
American Legacy Series
BATTLE. OUT LOUD. Considered one of the all-time great American plays, this Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award-winning masterwork lays bare what we all know to be true: the ardor of familial love cannot always protect you. What begins as an ordinary summer day at the Connecticut home of the Tyrone family morphs into a night filled with foggy, drink-laced demons. Long-buried secrets are revealed which once exposed cannot be ignored. A long-revered showcase for tour-de-force performances, Long Day’s Journey Into Night is a compassionately brutal look at the devastating impact of addiction and one family’s struggle to fight for love itself.
“It is a stunning theatrical experience.”
– NY Herald-Tribune
Winner! Pulitzer Prize in Drama
Winner! Tony Award for Best Play
American Legacy Series
Dedicated to powerful classic and modern American plays that lend an indelible and enduring perspective to the human experience.
- Price: http://americanstage.org/single-tickets/
- Wednesdays 7pm: $44
- Thursdays 7pm: $44
- Fridays 8pm: $50
- Saturday Matinees 2pm: $44
- Saturday Evenings 8pm: $54
- Sunday Matinees 2pm: $44
- Wednesday Preview 7pm: *General Admission | Pay What you Can/$20 in Advance (Recommended)
- Thursday Preview 7pm: *General Admission 8pm | $30
- Opening Night 8pm: $70
- UNDER 30 PASS: Our ‘Netflix-style’ subscription, offering ‘unlimited theatre’ to young people under the age of 30 for only $15 per month.
- UNDER 20 PASSPORT: A bold experiment, providing FREE tickets to young people under the age of 20 (suggested 12-19) to American Stage’s mainstage season.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Jun 19, 2019 at 07:00 pm (Wed)
- Jun 20, 2019 at 07:00 pm (Thu)
- Jun 21, 2019 at 08:00 pm (Fri)
- Jun 22, 2019 at 02:00 pm (Sat)
- Jun 22, 2019 at 08:00 pm (Sat)
- Jun 23, 2019 at 02:00 pm (Sun)
- Jun 26, 2019 at 07:00 pm (Wed)
- Jun 27, 2019 at 07:00 pm (Thu)
- Jun 28, 2019 at 08:00 pm (Fri)
- Jun 29, 2019 at 02:00 pm (Sat)
163 3rd Street North, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Parking in the Neighborhood
Sundial/MidCore Parking Garage: Entrance located at 117 2nd St North, 2 blocks from the theatre. Cost of Parking is $1.00 for up to four hours Monday—Friday after 5:00pm and all day weekends.
2nd Avenue N. Public Parking Lot: Gravel lot located at 231 2nd Ave North, across the street from the theatre. Cost of Parking ranges from $4-$14 for unlimited hours.
Arts & Crafts Museum/Synovus Bank Parking Garage: Entrance located at 334 3rd St North, 2 blocks from the theatre. Cost of Parking is $1.00 per hour.
Street parking: Available along 1st and 2nd Avenues North and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Streets North. Metered hours vary.
Handicapped Parking: Available on 2nd Avenue North across the street from the theatre.
Drop-Off/Loading Parking: 15-minute parking available on 3rd Street directly in front of theatre.
For more downtown St. Pete parking visit DiscoverDowntown.