NEW EXHIBITIONS: Olivia Parker's Vanishing in Plain Sight and Contemporary Performance
Two new exhibitions just opened at FMoPA on April 19 until August 31, 2019!
Vanishing in Plain Sight explores the artists experience with her husband’s diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease. Through photography, Parker has produced a surreal and emotional catalogue of objects related to her husband’s diagnosis. Her use of dream-like photo manipulation places an interesting twist on the larger historical tradition of still life photography which she is working in. There will be an opening celebration held on Friday, April 26 from 5:00-7:00 PM. Parker will be holding a lecture to discuss her work in the exhibition. Admission to this event will be donation-based, and light refreshments will be available.
Contemporary Performance, curated by Kalup Linzy, explores gender, sexuality, class, race, and social identities, and will feature lens based works that convey, elude to, or concern itself with ideas encompassing performance and role playing. Photographers featured in the exhibition include
- Ebtisam Abdulaziz,
- Matthew Barney,
- Renee Cox,
- Sean Fader,
- Becky Flanders,
- Corbett Fogue,
- Lyle Ashton Harris,
- Wanda Raimundi-Ortiz,
- Selena Roman,
- Cindy Sherman,
- Xaviera Simmons,
- Chibuike Uzoma,
- Deobrah Willis,
- Paula Wilson, and
- Alex Yudzon.
There will be a special closing ceremony held on August 23, 2019 at 5:00 PM, with a lecture featuring curator Kalup Linzy following at 6:00 PM.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES*
- Jul 17, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Wed)
- Jul 18, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Thu)
- Jul 19, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Fri)
- Jul 20, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Sat)
- Jul 21, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Sun)
- Jul 22, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Mon)
- Jul 23, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Tue)
- Jul 24, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Wed)
- Jul 25, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Thu)
- Jul 26, 2019 at 10:00 am - 06:00 pm (Fri)
400 N. Ashley Drive, Cube 200, Tampa, FL 33602
Parking garage located underneath the building. Nearby metered street parking also available.