Examine large-scale woodblock prints and monoprints by Bahamian artist Omar Richardson!
Gallery 221@HCC is pleased to present Omar Richardson: My Story My Truth, on view January 14 – February 28, 2019.
Omar Richardson (b. 1982 in Nassau, Bahamas) uses the medium of printmaking to explore memory, reflection, loss, re-invention, and emotion. His large-scale prints communicate these concepts through multilayered symbols and rich details, often embedded in the designed likenesses of people who have touched his life. A highly personal and emotive exhibition, My Story My Truth will be Richardson’s first exhibition to feature exclusively black and white woodblock prints and monoprints. Richardson is a Tampa-based artist who received his BFA, MA, and MFA from the Savannah College of Art and Design as well as a BFA from the Art Institute of Atlanta.
A reception will be held on Thursday, February 28 from 5:00-8:00pm, with an artist lecture to begin at 6:00pm. The event will take place on the 3rd floor of the Learning Resources Center / Library building (DLRC), HCC Dale Mabry Campus. Food, libations, and music will be provided for free, courtesy of the gallery.
The event is free and open to the public; parking is also free on campus in any open lot.
Gallery 3@HCC is located on the third floor of the Library/Learning Resources Center Building (DLRC) on the HCC Dale Mabry Campus.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES *
- Jan 21, 2019 at 09:00 am - 04:00 pm (Mon)
- Jan 22, 2019 at 09:00 am - 04:00 pm (Tue)
- Jan 23, 2019 at 09:00 am - 04:00 pm (Wed)
- Jan 24, 2019 at 09:00 am - 07:00 pm (Thu)
- Jan 25, 2019 at 09:00 am - 02:00 pm (Fri)
- Jan 28, 2019 at 09:00 am - 04:00 pm (Mon)
- Jan 29, 2019 at 09:00 am - 04:00 pm (Tue)
- Jan 30, 2019 at 09:00 am - 04:00 pm (Wed)
- Jan 31, 2019 at 09:00 am - 07:00 pm (Thu)
- Feb 1, 2019 at 09:00 am - 02:00 pm (Fri)
4001 W. Tampa Bay Blvd., Tampa, FL 33614
Call for details
Sign Language interpreter can be made available by prior arrangement.
Sign Language interpreter can be made available by prior arrangement.View less