Students may work at their own pace using pastels or oils. The method of applying paint and building a painting is based on the methods adopted by the French Impressionists. This is a class for everyone, skilled or novice. The first class is a orientation about the materials and methods of pastel and oil mediums as well as an introduction to the work of selected Impressionist painters. This class emphasizes design, color, and values. Students will be given a booklet called “The Six Stages of Painting; How to Think Like an Impressionist Painter” written by the instructor which is a guide to the six stages of building a canvas. This method cuts through the maze of problems about how to start, where to make changes, and how to self-criticize as the work progresses. For pastel students a booklet called “Pastel Painting and Drawing” is given as part of the class, which shows 8 stages of developing a pastel drawing.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES *
- Nov 30, 2018 at 09:30 am - 12:00 pm (Fri)
- Dec 1, 2018 at 09:30 am - 12:00 pm (Sat)
- Dec 7, 2018 at 09:30 am - 12:00 pm (Fri)
- Dec 8, 2018 at 09:30 am - 12:00 pm (Sat)
- Dec 14, 2018 at 09:30 am - 12:00 pm (Fri)
- Dec 15, 2018 at 09:30 am - 12:00 pm (Sat)
4537 Lowell Road, Tampa, FL 33618
Free parking in front.