Festival dates are Nov. 23-24, 2019
The DeLand Fall Festival of the Arts, celebrating its 27th year, is an exciting, juried fine art show presented by the Museum of Art – DeLand. The main street of the historic preservation district of downtown DeLand provides a charming backdrop for this annual festival which is dedicated to those who create as well as those who appreciate and collect art.
Over $45,000 available in Awards, including $4,000 Best of Show and Patron Purchase Awards. Fine art exhibits presented by our juried artists, great music, and youth activities draw a crowd of more than 50,000 patrons over the two-day festival.
The DeLand community continues to support the Festival and its Artists through a Patron Award Program. Festival artists will have the opportunity to meet festival Patron/Collector members at the Artist Appreciation & Awards Event Saturday night. Generous purchases by our Art Festival Patrons/Collectors will add to sales and make this festival even more successful for you.
The Festival Welcomes All Artists to Apply
• Ceramics: This category includes all original clay and porcelain work, other than jewelry. No machine-made or mass produced work is permitted. Each piece must be signed.
• Digital Art: This category includes any original work for which the original image or the artistic manipulation of an appropriated source material is executed by the artist using a computer. Work in this category must be limited editions, signed and numbered on archival quality materials. Photographs taken through a digital camera should apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category.
• Drawing: This category includes works created using such dry media as chalk, charcoal, pastels, pencils and wax crayon or from the fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush.
• Fiber: This category includes all work crafted from fibers including basketry, weaving, leatherwork, and paper making. No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns, or other forms of mass productions are permitted. No factory-produced wearable items, regardless of additional modifications or enhancements by the artist may be exhibited.
• Glass: This category includes original work created in glass by the artist. Pressed glass and massed production are not permitted.
• Jewelry: This category includes all jewelry, whether the work is produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials. No buy sell, commercial casts or mass produced by another manufacturer, molds, or production studio work allowed.
• Metalwork: This category includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metal. No production studio work is allowed.
• Mixed Media: This category includes both 2D and 3D works that incorporates more than one type of physical material to produce. Jewelry is not considered mixed-media; jewelry must apply in the JEWELRY category. Photography is not considered mixed-media; photography must apply in the PHOTOGRAPHY category.
• Painting: This category includes works created using such materials as oils, acrylics and watercolor. Reproductions are allowed; however, they must be signed and limited editions. Please see #12 under Rules / Regulations for reproduction guidelines.
• Photography: This category includes photographic prints made from the artist’s original image (film or digital) which have been processed by the artist or under their direct supervision. Images edited through software such as Photoshop are to be entered in this category, not in mixed-media or digital art. All images are to be signed and editioned. Please see #11 & #12 under Rules / Regulations for edition guidelines.
• Printmaking: This category includes print works for which the artist’s hand manipulated the plates, stones or screens, which have been signed and numbered as a limited edition. Offset reproductions are not allowed. Please see #9 under Rules / Regulations for the Artist Technique and Process Statement requirements.
• Sculpture: This category includes three-dimensional original work done in any medium.
• Wood: This category includes original works that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved.
August 10, 2019 – DEADLINE TO APPLY
Fees: $35 Application Fee, $275 Booth Fee.