In our inaugural nationwide call-to-artists, Imagine Museum seeks inspirational works for our upcoming exhibition entitled PIVOT. The aim of the exhibition is to display works of art which reveal a “Pivotal” moment in the artist career path, process, and/or artistic direction. Work that represents a bold, new path of expression by the artist and communicates this shift in a visual exchange between artist and viewer.
PIVOT is a studio glass exhibition exploring works that reflect an individual’s shift and creative change in artistic development, abilities, personality, interests and story.
Important Dates and Information:
- Submission period opens: April 29, 2019
- Submission deadline: May 29, 2019
- Notification of acceptance via email no later: June 7, 2019
- Selected artwork due at Imagine Museum: June 19 – 21, 2019 •
- Hand-delivered works by appointment with Gallery Manager, Christian Zvonik at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-300-1700 ext. 108.
- Opening reception: July 11, 2019, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. (during $5 after 5:00P.M.)
- Art Pick-up/Return Shipping to begin: December 23, 2019
- For general exhibition information or questions related to the call to artists, contact: Imagine Museum, Registrar Brianna Sharpe at email@example.com or 727.300.1700 ext. 113.
How to Submit:
- Artists are invited to submit recent work.
- Please read Criteria and Guidelines carefully.
- Download the application here.
- Selection process: Imagine Museum’s Curatorial team and Benefactor will use your digital images to select entries based on originality, creativity, quality and complexity of workmanship, artistry and impact as represented in the images submitted.
Criteria & Guidelines:
- Works of art exploring a pivotal shift in an individual’s artistic development, abilities, personality, and interests.
- Open to artists 18 years or older currently residing in the United States.
- Artists are encouraged to submit up to three (3) works of art.
- All work must be original concept, design and execution. Small production studio work will be considered.
- Media accepted includes: Glass, Mixed Media, Sculpture, Installation, New genres – pieces must be at least 75% glass.
- Submitted images may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this exhibition by Imagine Museum. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
- All accepted entries must be received ready for proper install or with limited assembly.
- Hanging works must be suitable for wall hanging or suspension – 50lb weight limit *(special exceptions may apply)
- Pedestal and floor works must be suitable for proper display – 75lb weight limit *(special exceptions may apply)
- Imagine Museum will insure work in its possession during the exhibition. Artists are responsible for providing their own insurance while the work is in transit.
- No substitutions for submissions will be accepted once application and images are received. All submissions at FINAL.
- Shipping to and from Imagine Museum is the responsibility of the artist. Detailed delivery and shipping instructions will be emailed with your acceptance notification.
- All work must be shipped in sturdy packaging. The artist must provide PREPAID shipping information for return shipment. Please include or email a packing list including photos, title, insurance values for your work as well as any assembly instructions for display.
- Your works will be returned to you in safe and proper packing material.
Acceptance / Placement of Work:
- No substitutions for accepted artwork will be allowed. All work must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibit December 22, 2019.
- All artwork is subject to review and placement discretion by the Curatorial Staff at Imagine Museum. Exhibit selection is based on relevance to the theme and stated criteria. Placement in the gallery is the sole discretion of the Curatorial Staff at Imagine Museum.
- All works shown may be available for sale by the artist. Imagine Museum will refer all interested parties directly to the artist or preferred representative and seeks no percentage of possible sales.
- Download the entry form here.
- Fill it out the entry form completely, including bio and narrative about the piece or the artistic change/process that went into creating the work. Check box to agree to terms and conditions.
- Save the entry form as: Yourlastname_firstname_PIVOTentryform.
- Email the entry form to Brianna Sharpe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email image of each work to: Brianna Sharpe at email@example.com. Detail images may be submitted as well.
- Label your image files with your last name, title of the piece and entry#, e.g. LastName_Title_#1.
- Image files must be JPEG only; no smaller than 1920 pixels on the longest side; file resolution of 300 ppi/dpi; maximum file size 3 MB. Send image of full work and detail.